Important Dates to Remember
- Read-a-thon runs from Monday, September 5th through Friday, September 17th-track your reading online and collect pledges
- September 19-23rd: Reading is no longer logged. Collect donations from your sponsors online-due September 23rd
- Reading prizes will be distributed the week of September 28th. We will also announce grand prize winners at a fun virtual assembly! If your student is enrolled in the Flex program and has not yet returned to campus, you may pick up your student’s prizes from the front office when we return from Fall Break.
Fly away on an adventure with a book!
What is a Read-A-Thon?
- Students read daily (or are read to) and track their reading blocks online (20 minutes= 1 reading block) from Monday, September 5-Friday, September 17.
- Students collect pledges online from sponsors who commit to donating for each reading block that the student reads OR a sponsor can donate a set dollar amount. Having friends and family as sponsors will encourage students to reach their reading goals.
- After the read-a-thon ends, students contact their sponsors and let them know how much they’ve read, and sponsors then pay online.
- Students win fun prizes the more they read and the more donations they receive!
Quick tips to get started
- Help your child set a goal and sign up online at www.miradapto.org
- Help your child solicit donations from friends & family (form at the bottom of this page) We suggest sending an email with the website link, or make an old-fashioned phone call! Be sure to include your student’s teacher to make it easier for people to donate!
(Intel employees-don’t forget to submit to your employer for donation matching)
- Keep your kids motivated to read daily, and have fun! Send photos of your students reading to email@example.com Your student might be featured on our Facebook page!
*FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR STUDENTS, WE DO NOT ENCOURAGE SOLICITING PLEDGES BY GOING DOOR TO DOOR*
- There are numerous “surprise” prizes that your student will earn as they log their reading online. The more reading blocks they track, the more fun prizes they will earn!
- The top fundraiser from each grade will earn tickets to Urban Air**
- The top readers from each grade will be entered into a raffle to win a Kindle
- The FAMILY that earns the most money, school wide, will win a family pack for the ultimate wild ride- park hopper tickets to Disneyland!**
**All tickets have extended expiration dates so winners can go when they feel safe to use them