Important Dates to Remember
- Read-a-thon runs from Monday, September 6th through Friday, September 17th-track your reading DAILY online and collect pledges
- September 20-24th: Reading is no longer logged. Follow up with your sponsors and let them know how much you read! All donations are due Friday, September 24th.
- Reading prizes will be distributed the week of September 27th. We will also announce grand prize winners at a fun virtual assembly!
Soar to new heights with a good book!
The annual Read-A-Thon is our PTO’s major fundraiser of the year and it’s an event that combines fundraising with academic goals. 100% of the funds will be invested right back into our school to help pay for things like field trips, staff support, supplies for special projects, community events, and much more! After an incredibly challenging year last year, we remain hopeful that we can provide some of the wonderful things that make our school such an amazing community, but we need your help to raise the funds to make it happen.
OUR GOAL THIS YEAR IS TO RAISE $20,000!! If we do, Mrs. Anderson has agreed to an incredible, fun surprise!! Trust us when we say it’ll be worth it!
What is a Read-A-Thon?
- Students read daily (or are read to) and track their reading blocks online (20 minutes= 1 reading block) from Monday, September 6-Friday, September 17.
- Students collect pledges online from sponsors who commit to donating for each reading block that the student reads OR a sponsor can donate a set dollar amount. Having friends and family as sponsors will encourage students to reach their reading goals.
- After the read-a-thon ends, students contact their sponsors and let them know how much they’ve read, and sponsors then pay online.
- Students win fun prizes the more they read and the more donations they receive!
Quick tips to get started
- Help your child set a goal and sign up by clicking the link below.
- Help your child solicit donations from friends & family (all donations will be via paypal) We suggest sending an email with a link to the page your student creates when they sign up, or make an old-fashioned phone call! Be sure to include your student’s grade and teacher to make it easier for people to donate!Intel Employees- Intel will match donations made to the PTO. Simply contact your PTO treasurers at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a donation receipt. Then, from your Intel work computer, upload your receipt to the giving website at http://communitygiving.intel.com/matchinggifts/. If you are an Intel retiree, you can also have your donations matched by uploading your receipt to https://intel.benevity.org/user
- Keep your kids motivated to log their reading daily, and have fun!*FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR STUDENTS, WE DO NOT ENCOURAGE SOLICITING PLEDGES BY GOING DOOR TO DOOR*
- Students will earn a ticket to be entered into a virtual raffle for each day that reading is logged. (Each student can earn up to 10 tickets.) One winner from each grade level will be chosen at the virtual assembly, and the students will get to participate in a really fun (and SILLY!!) surprise activity with the principals! The more you read, the more chances you have to win!
- Students can “cash in” their reading blocks online to win fun prizes! The more you read, the more prizes you’ll earn! Back by popular demand-read 100 blocks and you get a pizza delivered to your door by Leo or Luca!
- The top fundraiser from each grade will earn tickets to KTR
- The top readers from each grade will be entered into a raffle to win a Kindle
- Students earn $5 in book fair bucks for every $100 raised
- The class that raises the most money in the entire school will win a pizza party!!
- The FAMILY that earns the most money, school wide, will win a family prize for an overnight stay at the Great Wolf Lodge and a day at the water park!
Make a pledge to the Read-a-Thon
Pay with a credit card by filling out the form below, after clicking donate you will be taken to PayPal to complete the payment process. Individual donation pages are created on the reading log and prize portal at the link above.