30th Anniversary Tile
We have partnered with As You Wish to create Mirada memory tiles to help commemorate this amazing school turning 30! We hope you and your family will collaborate together to create and share why Mirada is so special.
After you paint this tile we will have it glazed and fired and will use it to beautify Mirada!
Here are a couple tips to consider when you’re painting:
- Please use ONLY the paint provided to decorate your tile. The tiles will go through a glazing and firing process before they are complete, and this is the only paint that can survive that process.
- You have been provided red, yellow, blue, black, white and purple paints. You are not locked in to these colors, please use your imagination and mix whatever colors you’d like.
- For best results, apply three layers of paint, letting each layer dry in between. One coat of a color will create an uneven color while three coats will create a more solid, consistent color.
- Dark colors show up very well when painted over light colors, but light colors do not show up very well over dark colors
- Pencil lines disappear in the firing process so feel free to sketch out designs in pencil first.
- GET CREATIVE!!! HAVE FUN!!
Once your tile is finished and dry (allow a few hours to be sure), please place it back in the provided bubble envelope and turn it in at the front office of Mirada. We’ll take it from there. It will be glazed and fired at As You Wish and installed in one of the gardens at Kyrene de la Mirada. Thank you so much for making a contribution to help celebrate Mirada’s 30th year!